Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-12-2007 , 11:02 PM

Blend Shapes

Hi,

I have come across a small prob.so seeking help from you guys.

** Usually the Parent & the Child should have the same no. of vertices to blend.

**I n C-Smart blend we can modify the child & still the blendshape works on the parent.

What if i have prepared all the blendshapes & at the last moment i have to add some more details on the character (parent) & i have to use the same blendshapes which i have already prepared.

Is there any script which can solve the problem.

# 2 10-12-2007 , 11:17 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I'm not sure if it will work but you could make another blendshape in which you sculpt the details you want and turn on the blendshape....
I don't know if there is a script for it, though.

Good luck though

# 3 13-12-2007 , 07:51 AM
Not sure if this will help you out much or not... but, if you create a duplicate of your head pre-modification, and apply your blend shapes to it, you can then apply that duplicate head as a wrap deformer onto your modified head. Depending on the modifications, this may cause problems. Worst case, you can use this method 1 head at a time to more quickly remake your blends on new copies for each of your old blend shapes. (I use this method to make 2 symetrical facial blends (1 for each side))

Last edited by Kratch; 13-12-2007 at 07:55 AM.