Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-06-2009 , 06:36 AM

Maya 9 and the imac

Hello All,
I have a new imac, 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2x2GB, 640GB Serial ATA Drive, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB. I was wondering if there is anyone out there using this same system configuration and running Maya 9? If so, what kind of issues are you having, if any? I am in a Maya class at the moment and I have the opportunity to purchase Maya at a discounted price.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

# 2 14-06-2009 , 09:48 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Mac is a bit tricky when it comes to dongles but otherwise i see no problems at all

# 3 14-06-2009 , 03:55 PM
Technical Director
The lower iMac, the 2.8, is officially supported by Autodesk; so I don't see why the higher one should be any different.

I have never used a dongle with my copy of Maya, so it's probably likely, especially if your a student, you will get a nodelocked license. This works just fine.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 14-06-2009 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by NextDesign
The lower iMac, the 2.8, is officially supported by Autodesk; so I don't see why the higher one should be any different.

because it's a mac? :p
pretty risky assumption

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 15-06-2009 , 01:15 AM
Technical Director
All the iMacs are supported. Take a look at the qual charts.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.