Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-01-2010 , 12:33 PM

Room on a angle

Hi Everyone

I have upload an image of a scene I have made, but as you will see, I can’t get a nice straight floor, etc it is all on an angle, if I go into my front view, both my scene and my camera are straight on but it keeps giving me this angle, any ideas?

Thanks
Trikeman

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-01-2010 , 12:58 PM
Subscriber
their are better people on here to answer this question than me, but i dont think it looks too bad. i guess the texture u have on the floor doesnt help. its very striking and doesnt help the perspective. and theres no real variation in shadow between the front and back (on the floor) , esp where the floor meets the back wall. so lighting is an issue. maybe your camera is also a problem aswell as/rather than whats in front of it. you could maybe change the position of the camera and/or play with some of its settings that adjust the angle/perspective?

# 3 25-01-2010 , 01:06 PM
Subscriber
their are better people on here to answer this question than me, but i dont think it looks too bad. i guess the texture u have on the floor doesnt help. its very striking and doesnt help the perspective. and theres no real variation in shadow between the front and back (on the floor) , esp where the floor meets the back wall. so lighting is an issue. maybe your camera is also a problem aswell as/rather than whats in front of it. you could maybe change the position of the camera and/or play with some of its settings that adjust the angle/perspective?

# 4 25-01-2010 , 01:55 PM
Thanks Ben

I agree about the floor, because I used a Maya shader, I don't thing I did the UV map on the floor, I will look into that, but yes I have been playing with the camara angle etc and not got enery where, so any ideas on which sliders to play with would be useful.

Thanks again Ben

Trikeman (Bill)

# 5 25-01-2010 , 10:19 PM
The Nurb Herd
i dont know what you mean by 'an angle' but are you rendering the right camera? i mean persp, side, front, top etc...

# 6 25-01-2010 , 10:35 PM
Hi

Yes I am doing the right camara, if you look at the picture, the end furthest from the camara the floor is higher, but much more so, the screen on the Possum is stretch, I have am at my 3D machine tonight, but tomorrow, I will upload a picture from my other rendering camara which is behind the chair, and this angle show the right size and shape of the screen, once you see that I think you will see what I mean, in the meantime thanks for your help as ever.

Trikeman (Bill)

# 7 26-01-2010 , 03:07 AM
Super Moderator
If you didn't mess with any of the sliders for Angle of View and such, you probably accidentally selected the film gate dropdown menu and scrolled to into something you didn't want, it happens.

These are the default settings.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 8 26-01-2010 , 12:06 PM
Hi Guys,
now we are getting somewhere, what I had done was, opened the angle view very wide because of the width of the room and I have got a glow on the screen and if I go to the outside of the window with the camera the glow doesn't show up so I kept the camera in the room and opened the angle of view.

When I set the setting back to the default the image became straight but I didn't have enough of the scene in the camera, then I realised that for this shot I didn't need the side wall and window because the camera was pointing away from it, so I put all the bits for that wall on there own layer and I can just turn the layer on and off depending on which view I am shooting, then I was able to move the side camera much further away from the scene and get everything I want in without changing the angle of view.

Fantastic thanks guys, I have the new image so you can see what I have done.

Thanks again
Trikeman (Bill)

Attached Thumbnails