Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-01-2004 , 02:28 PM

how to get more than one profile curve with nurbs extrude?

I would like to extrude a profile circle curve along a path and also be able to place additional profile curve(s) of different sizes and or shape - like is possible with the BiRail+3 tool. (so that one end is large and the other is small - etc)

I only want one path curve - not too and the profile curve to be closed.

Is this possible? I can not figure out how to do this, any thoughts appreciated.
thanks!

# 2 29-01-2004 , 02:39 PM
The Maya Mountain
The first method that comes to mind is an Animation Snapshot, where you attach the circle to a path and actually animate it, scaling it up where you want the path to be thicker, etc. Then doing the animation snapshot will give you a series of circles in the shape you keyed which you could then loft.

# 3 30-01-2004 , 01:13 AM
thanks! I will check out your suggestion.

However, I am hoping that I would be able to use the path curve as a means of animating the loft ( a variable width tube)
Maybe the animation snapshot method will also allow me to do this - if it retains the history and is animatable.

I was able to create the shape I wanted with lattice deformer, but that seems a cludgy way of doing this.

Thanks again.

# 4 30-01-2004 , 02:17 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yes, it should.