Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-11-2010 , 11:40 AM

How? Create Architectural meshes with maya, Need help plz

I create alot of polyogns with maya to model such architectural front building , the mesh is so heavy so I can not move it easily , I used alot of extrud faces along curve, as well as split polygons tool. alot of duplication in the mesh, but at the end I came a cross that I can not move the scene, so I start with delteting the mesh and polgons.

so if you know the easyway to create such things please say something

regards

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-11-2010 , 01:17 PM
normal and displacement maps maybe?

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 09-11-2010 , 01:18 PM
Normal and displacement maps maybe?

Not sure how to use em though it's one of the things I'd like to learn.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 4 09-11-2010 , 05:42 PM
I was thinking about that, but there is alot of holes that you can see through . there must be some other easy way.
if you know something plz say something.
regards

# 5 09-11-2010 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
The above mention of Normal / Disp maps would work, also, ( i cant tell from that ref) if those insets are holes completely through the surface, you'll probably want to mix a transp map in there too to get the correct effect.

Another thing, if you want to keep the heavy geometry but your computer cannot handle the model, Try going to Shading in your view port, Then interactive shading, Select the options box, and you'll get a drop down that offered a few selections High quality rendering, Wireframe, Bounding Box, Shaded, and Points...
I would suggest selecting "Bounding box" it is the fastest of them for moving in a dense mesh, you can also try wireframe, it will give you a closer approximation of your actual mesh, but will tumble slower int eh view port.
Be prepared to wait a second or two for the viewport to rebuild your mesh in its entirety, ITs a small price to pay if you're working on a very very dense mesh.

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 6 09-11-2010 , 05:57 PM
@legendofzombi
yeah you right, the only option that i can move the scene is the wireframe, but as soon i press 6 to see the texture how looks like than its gets hang/freeze, I need to restart maya and going to the same point that I were be4.
I am not that much experience with displace map, but well with bumpmap.
Actually my plane is to model this Castle (architecture) its has been made with 3d max. but in my free time , I am going to work on it to see if I can model it, but I would like to prepare and do the research before I start modeling. that is why I need your suggestion....
I am not sure If I can get this type of effects. specially the Main gate/ door, it has alot of holes and transparancy, I am not sure if displacemap helps. for the bars I can do with extrude circle along the curve, but seem there is alot of bars and gates and fences...

your opinion ans suggestion welcome

regards

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by dubai3d; 10-11-2010 at 08:25 AM.