Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-02-2012 , 03:34 PM

Mesh Rigging + Weights Issue

Hello,

After managing to figure out how to rig a basic bone structure in Maya 2010/11 or 12 to a mesh model.

I did a SKIN > BIND > SMOOTH BIND to the "hip-join" which is the parent join for my rig.

However, after uploading it to the respective programme [Second Life] for animating, it "explodes" in a sense. I was told I needed to weight the rigging.

This is where I fell short, but apparently due to the fact that the mesh becomes the "skin" for the bones, I need to use a weights brush on the mesh first. I sadly cannot find any tutorials or help on this rather particular matter and seemingly increasing complex matter.

Any suggestions, help, links would be great!

user added image

# 2 03-02-2012 , 09:29 PM
Lifetime Member

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner