Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-07-2007 , 02:31 AM

Please help me

Hi friends ,

I am Shailendra Shakya from Nepal,country of Mt. Everest .In my country , there is no school where I can study animation .So ,I am interested in learning MAYA,but, I do not know anything about various tools of MAYA . Can anybody help me by providing some
pdf related to my problems .

Thank You

# 2 09-07-2007 , 03:19 AM
I havn't done any animating yet but I've learned quite a bit about Maya and 3d modeling from this forum and from searching the internet for tutorials. There's lots of information available. I don't plan on going to any schools (would love to though) but I still think I can learn enough from the web and from the people on this forum to get a 3d job within a couple of years. My focus is on modeling so I guess it could be different for animating.

If it's animating you're specifically interested in, do alot of searching for animating tutorials, animating books, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if you find lots of useful stuff on the internet. People here at Simply Maya will help you too. There's also some animating tutorials here as well.

Best wishes!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 09-07-2007 , 07:11 AM
Subscriber
Mt everst?? wow, that a first.., I hear its hard to find a computer in Nepal and the electricity is very off and on.., is that true?? do you own a computer?? I thought it was difficult to get on line there??

how did you find maya, or did maya find you. there are a lot of free tuts here and thats a very good place to start..,

take it easy and life will be easy