Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-01-2010 , 04:34 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

tires

hey can anyone point me to a realistic tire shader tutorial dont like the results im getting with lambert shaders

thanx in advance.

# 2 13-01-2010 , 04:47 PM
The Nurb Herd
pretty sure there is a rubber preset in the mia_x material. just tweak that.

# 3 13-01-2010 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
I'm not sure where there is a tire tutorial, but i knwo there is a tire shader on creative crash that looks pretty real when tweaked a bit. you might download that and dissect it a bit to see how the creater of that shader got the look.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 4 14-01-2010 , 04:56 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

'm not sure where there is a tire tutorial, but i knwo there is a tire shader on creative crash that looks pretty real when tweaked a bit. you might download that and dissect it a bit to see how the creater of that shader got the look.

didnt find it but ill keep playing around with the mia_x material till i find something
cheers

# 5 14-01-2010 , 07:23 PM
Subscriber
# 6 15-01-2010 , 05:55 AM
Technical Director
The fresnel effect seems a bit high on that shader. It makes it look dusty...

When you use the shader, make sure you take the fresnel ramp's intensity down a bit.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.