Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-05-2003 , 10:22 AM

figure modeling with nurbs

I am in the process of modeling a character with nurbs. I want to try and finish the whole character without converting to polys, however I have run into a stumbling block on the hands. I haven't been able to find any good tutorials online and I'm running out of ideas.

If anyone can give me a hand with my hand I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

# 2 31-05-2003 , 10:30 AM

hmmm

hello !

well, I don´tknow if there is any nurbs-head modelling tut out there. But I can give you this link to Julian. He is a wonderful maya artist nad make things - Uaaaah, really great.

But I think his Head modelling tu is for polys.. I´m not sure.
https://www.cg-art.i12.com/mad_1.html

best greetings,
bernhard

# 3 31-05-2003 , 12:19 PM
Simply Maya OG
Yea, that tutorial is for polys.

- Hybrid
# 4 01-06-2003 , 01:13 AM
Subscriber

# 5 01-06-2003 , 03:56 AM
You could search through some of the links posted in the tutorial forum here. Peter Ratner wrote several articles with constructing characters using nurbs (curves) so you might try putting him into a google search.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."