Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 31-01-2004 , 04:39 PM
lol. I have a white friend who looks like micheal jackson, i have a black friend who looks like mickeal jackson. Part of a songuser added image

# 17 01-02-2004 , 05:04 PM
MJ is a bloody sick freak.....

Anyway have some teeth into the Menehue still have to get him a name=) All that pretty much left is the blend shapes, and soem test animation on him...

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 18 01-02-2004 , 10:02 PM
MJ is being set up by the kid's mother so they can get a big payoff a la '93. He's wacko but innocent in my opinion.

Damn, that model looks class. Will you be putting out a 56k friendly animation by any chance? I'd love to see him in action.

# 19 02-02-2004 , 12:41 AM
I like it. It looks very natural.

# 20 02-02-2004 , 12:44 AM
Its pretty rought bud... would need a lot more loosening up to look more natral just a deformation test

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 21 02-02-2004 , 11:02 AM
Well, it looks good to me, I haven't seen that many animations. user added image

# 22 02-02-2004 , 06:37 PM
Kinda weird how his head/neck doesnt seem to move while doing any of that..

# 23 02-02-2004 , 08:01 PM
YA the neck needs a bit more rotation but it does move a lot when he goes to do his spin kick just happens fast.

Keep in mind when your fighting someone you are taught to keep your eyes on your opponent, this in its self would keep you head ans neck pretty still. Well thats whay i wa taught in kick boxing.

# 24 03-02-2004 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
That is a well done model...It encourages me to refine mine..thanks for the motivation Kurt San

# 25 04-02-2004 , 09:55 AM
Hey kurt, how do constrain the weapon and it's orientation to his hand?

# 26 04-02-2004 , 04:04 PM
The weapon is just parrented to his middle hand joint...

# 27 04-02-2004 , 05:00 PM
So, do you label every joint, constraint, goal, character set member, etc...?

I am finding it daunting trying to name everything - takes forever. Is there a way to name them all quiclky?

Also, do you grab another skeleton and scale it, and modify it for each character? Or do you create a new skeleton each time?

I love your work.

Lungs not guns....
# 28 04-02-2004 , 05:35 PM
strobe7, yes I label every joint and all that stuff. Its dones take abit of time but its worth it especially if you work in a studio where you dont do everystep of the rigging process.

Imagine handing off a character/skeleton to the person whos going to bind the character... if the joints are not labeled he/she going to have a much harder time binding and waste a lot of time figuring out what joint is what.

You should also get in the habit of building you own skeletons and rigs its a good thing to know and get good at. I make a new one for each character.

Thanks for enjoying my work

Kurt

Almost have the cloth sorted out my PUTER dont like the hard calculations sometimes. Its just poping through the leg just a tinybit in some places.

Attached Files
File Type: zip cloth.zip (473.4 KB, 128 views)

# 29 04-02-2004 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
Looks good... did you try increasing the tessellation of the cloth, or did that croak your computer?

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 30 04-02-2004 , 05:53 PM
I have it smoothed once....... Puter is funny that wayhave a gig ddr can handel a lot most time just dosn't like dynamics and high res cloth