Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-11-2015 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber

Adding mib_amb_occlusion to surface shader

Hello again. When I add mib_amb_occlusion node to a surface shader without changing any settings at all, all I get is black. It looks like this when I try to render it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-11-2015 , 01:26 PM
EduSciVis-er
You need to use mental ray to render it, as the mib_amb_occlusion is a mental ray node.

# 3 08-11-2015 , 02:14 PM
Subscriber
In the tutorial it shows the render result in the viewport. How could I do that?

# 4 08-11-2015 , 02:15 PM
EduSciVis-er
What do you mean, rendered in the viewport? You can turn on viewport ambient occlusion by clicking the little panel icon that looks like ambient occlusion.

# 5 08-11-2015 , 02:43 PM
Subscriber
In the tutorial video the instructor has an option to see the rendered result in the viewport but doesn't say how to do so. How would I be able to do so?(turning on ambient occlusion doesn't help)