Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-08-2004 , 03:05 AM

Texture Problem

I have attached a picture to better explain what I am trying to ask. In the picture you can see from the top of the drawer the wooden texture is nice, but on the sides it is streaky. I want the side textures to look like the top one. I am not very good at texturing so If someone could tell me what I did wrong. I think the mesh of it is a polyPlane. I just want the sides to look like it does on top. I don't know if its something I did with the model. I think I just extruding a plane to get that, that could be it. Anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by JakeCourtney; 07-08-2004 at 03:09 AM.
# 2 07-08-2004 , 05:44 AM
Lifetime Member
You need to UV map the model so the texture does not stretch ..looks like a few planar projections would do it user added image
check out the tutorial on UV mapping .

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 16-08-2004 , 02:30 AM
Technical Director
Just select the model and go to Edit Polygons>Texturing>Automatic mapping. that should work if your not going to use photoshop for texturing.

You can get a free uv tutorial @ mtmckinley.net

Imagination is more important than knowledge.