Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 106 12-07-2007 , 11:30 AM
Subscriber
as you can see, young was getting problems with my headlights on his renders so i had to redo them. good thing i have a few friends who were doing skylines. i had a friend let me see his and i think i corrected my mistakes on the headlights

@young, ill send u the new headlight file and everything is separated already as well as some references of the headlight for mat purposes. i have good ones.

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 107 13-07-2007 , 11:11 PM
yea i got the file, keep working on this man its coming together nicely and im also very busy with my projects and also work so its hard to get some time to really work on things.

# 108 14-07-2007 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber
thanks young. Yea I know whatcha mean by busy so dont worry about it

Decided to do work on the trunk today. theres a couple of pics

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

# 109 14-07-2007 , 03:03 PM
Subscriber
heres the other shot

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

# 110 14-07-2007 , 08:02 PM
Acid44
looks sick dude

how do you make those hexagon grids for the grills?
user added image

# 111 15-07-2007 , 05:49 AM
Subscriber
thanks acid. i just make 1 and duplicate.. i take a 5 sided cylinder, make it into my hex and then just duplicat form there on and then use the bend tool

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

# 112 15-07-2007 , 06:28 AM
Subscriber
my taillights very bumpy. i just cant figure it out and no matter what i do, it gets worse so imma leave it for now and hopefully u dont notice it in the renders, if not then im not going to really care lol

Toyota Supra WIP

# 113 15-07-2007 , 12:39 PM
i like the progress of the model

# 114 16-07-2007 , 04:29 AM
This looks great. I don't see any problems with the headlights. It looks normal from that view.

Btw, do you know anyone with a Skyline?
The're just so hard to find in the U.S. these days.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 115 17-07-2007 , 01:23 AM

Originally posted by AnthonyCg
This looks great. I don't see any problems with the headlights. It looks normal from that view.

Btw, do you know anyone with a Skyline?
The're just so hard to find in the U.S. these days.

well if im right the skylines were not made for the american market, but people still import them speaking of that i saw an r32 yesterday on the highway, that car is so awesome but my passion is the r33....sorry for the rant

# 116 18-07-2007 , 06:02 AM
Subscriber
ohhh anthony, it the tailight. u wont notice because of the matierials but if i had different angles, u can see its very lumpy in certain areas

Toyota Supra WIP

# 117 18-07-2007 , 01:02 PM
Acid44
could you post a wire of the tail light from diff. angles

# 118 21-07-2007 , 12:21 AM
you must have done those tires treads in Max or something. Doesnt look like a bump map. Nice model btw.

# 119 22-07-2007 , 12:55 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by XtremeAMX
you must have done those tires treads in Max or something. Doesnt look like a bump map. Nice model btw.

well actually, I use max for school and maya n xsi for personal use and maya has the fastest viewport so it would be easiest to model the sidewall in maya just like younglion did on his car. however, this tire wasn't made by me, it was made by exdige and shaddix on sektor-41.com ................. personally though I think its easier to model in maya. buut that's personal preference but something that takes me 10 mins in maya would take me 20 mins in max and with maya havin the faster viewport. I'd never touch max to model anything unless its for schol

hey acid, sorry I can't post wires. my internets down so I'm using my cellphone to write this post lol so the next update will most likely be the completed one. it might be a lil bumpy in he back but I'm just trying to get it over with because I need 5 completed pieces in my portfolio to pass my portfolio class so I'm not going to stress to much on makin it perfectly smooth esp if most of my renders will be front shot renders

Toyota Supra WIP

# 120 16-05-2008 , 10:08 AM
Subscriber
Update
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

I finally finished.......on the back bumper, it looks a little off but after the renders, i realized i had 2 duplicates undernith so you can kinda see it showing through on the last image but other then that, im done.....if young wants to render, its all his otherwise, its time for my next project.........

Toyota Supra WIP