Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 28-01-2008 , 01:40 PM
So its just a mouse with a scroll ball and a couple of extra buttons?

Nice reviews for it on there.

Looks pretty though.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 62 28-01-2008 , 01:46 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
Nice reviews for it on there.

Most of those are people complaining about the scroll ball. I've had mine for over 2 years, yet my scroll ball is still working. Sometimes it stops moving in a direction, but you just need to know how to clean it out the right way.

I love the extra buttons though, because I can access Exposé and my Dashboard without having to touch the keyboard, so it's good for multitaskers.

# 63 28-01-2008 , 01:55 PM
Well thats nothing new using shortcuts on the mouse, but I suppose it is when you've not had it before.

And if theres that many people going on about the scroll ball then maybe they should do something about it, especially for the price.

Remember mice with scroll balls where you could actually get to the ball to clean it properly and didnt have to resort to special ways to do it?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 64 28-01-2008 , 09:35 PM
The whole point of me providing the link was to prove that Sony and Toshiba had engineers on the Cell project and that it isn't 100% IBM. It might be 99% IBM, but you have to give credit to Sony and Toshiba for that 1%. That was the whole point of the discussion with the Cell, that IBM did not do all of it. I don't know why there is denial about Sony and Toshiba doing nothing... They are pretty capable comapnies, Toshiba used to make chips for SGI back in the olden days.

Me get hold of the Windows kernel! Ha! Its not possible since its closed source. What you are asking isn't possible. But if there are complaints about the Linux kernel, there is no reason why you can't fix it youself since its licenced under the GPL. If fact, if you can fix something in Linux, you should.

As for me using the terminal, its the most effective way of doing certain things. Of course its not for everyone, but for those who can make it work is excellent. Now contrast this with Windows. Nope, everyone must use that Fisher and Price interface. Yeah, there are alternatives like the command prompt, and that is no where as powerful as bash, and there are third party shells, but they are not distributed with Windows and Microsoft probaly discourages its use.

And Internet Explorer being modern and up to date? It doesn't even pass the acid test. Yes, I like to make fun of silly complicated standards but seriously, up to date and modern! Standards compliant! user added image

Safari was first with passing the acid test. Then Opera, followed by Konqueror and Firefox in no particular order. Internet Explorer isn't even on the list of browsers that have passed the acid test. So much for supporting new technologies and all that first. More like last. user added image

As for Microsoft security, its a joke. Absolute joke. Tell me, where are the intrustion detection systems, where are the madatory access controls in Windows? You have to fork out lots of money for them, cause it doesn't come with the OS. These tools, along with the firewall and rootkit hunters are the absolute minimum in security and Microsoft doesn't provide them.

And Microsoft fixing security flaws. Security researchers have proven their random number generator to be dodgy... four years ago! user added image Quick isn't it?

As for me being closed minded... nonsense! I use MS products as well, so I'm not one of those people who complain about something that I don't use everyday. If something where to come along and be better than Linux, I'll probaly throw it down and use that instead, seriously. user added image

And no, Windows can never be better than Linux. user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 65 29-01-2008 , 04:39 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
And if theres that many people going on about the scroll ball then maybe they should do something about it, especially for the price.

Remember mice with scroll balls where you could actually get to the ball to clean it properly and didnt have to resort to special ways to do it?

The new ones feel sturdier, but that's probably because they're new.

Those old mice did get dirty a lot faster though.