Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-10-2008 , 11:30 PM
The Nurb Herd

Copyright questions

If i create something in maya i have the full rights to use it... right?

texture-wise - if they are hand painted textures they are mine; if they are copyright/royalty free photos they are ok to use commercially... right?

what if the textures includes a photo which is not copyright free but has been changed a lot so its unrecognisable?

also do you need to do anything -like register or something- to have the copyright for an image/animation you create?

# 2 26-10-2008 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
Well, as far as i know, even if you change photo a lot, if authors requires you to notify him about your commercial use of his photo, you have to do that otherwise you cannot use it.

# 3 27-10-2008 , 03:58 AM
Subscriber

# 4 27-10-2008 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
if I remember correctly from the days I used to write and record music a lot, just put what you made in a package mail it to yourself and don't open it, it's like self copyrighting and I'm pretty sure it's a legit way of doing it

# 5 28-10-2008 , 05:00 AM
The Nurb Herd
cool, thanks for the replies guys. user added image