Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 91 18-03-2003 , 10:43 AM
Kevin
fantastic work mr undseth!!! well done mate, nicely detailed

# 92 18-03-2003 , 11:24 AM
Subscriber
now that is excellent work! Are you going to give it a weathered look or do u plan on keeping it brand spanking new?

# 93 18-03-2003 , 11:30 AM
Subscriber
hehe
Texture will come, just have to figure out how to tackle the last nurbsToPoly conversion.

I will later aim for photorealism, but I feel I need to learn more about lighting.

Making white materials appear roughly white seems to be a problem of mine. The first pic shows a white lambert, but it has a strong blue coloring. Guess I have to make the environment more white and not that blue like in the original photo.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 94 18-03-2003 , 01:12 PM
Subscriber
I understand...I think the blue hue u r talking about comes from the GI_Joe lighting. It makes more sense if u make the blue colour used in the sky lights a little more white. As for the off-white u r looking for....hmmm maybe u could add a little noise (maybe fractal?) to the diffuse channel of the shader. Just something to break up the planarity of the white user added image

# 95 18-03-2003 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
What if you took that image you are using for the background and add it to the HDRI setting in GI_Joe? Just add the file to the sky color.

That way your light should reflect those colors off of the hull.

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 96 18-03-2003 , 02:32 PM
Subscriber
I already did that, but I used an other map, which apparantly are more bluish.

But thanks for answering guys!

hmmm I'll try to map the diffuse channel, never tried that before user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!