Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-01-2009 , 05:59 AM

Settings to render a pic lik this

hey guys, wat settings u require to get a glow effect lik the one i have shown in the attached pic...... how much time require to render this... help

Attached Files
File Type: rar untitled4.rar (50.4 KB, 299 views)
# 2 27-01-2009 , 06:06 AM
not so much a render technique as it is a shader attribute. Go into your material attributes for your shader and their is an option for glow increase this to about .3 and render in mental ray

# 3 27-01-2009 , 09:09 AM
Senior Software Developer
Don't be shy... Post your images as jpegs and let us all see them without having to download user added image.

Set the images at 600 * 400 and all will be well...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 27-01-2009 , 11:58 AM

too big

i tried to attach bigger image but its saying that size is too big,, thats y

# 5 27-01-2009 , 06:32 PM
Senior Software Developer
Resize the image...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 6 27-01-2009 , 08:11 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I don't think this is a simple glow, there's a glow on it but there seems some incandessence and/or specular value going on here.
I know there's a shaderglow shader in the hypershade, by tweaking values there you can can change the overall look of the glow.
But as i stated before it looks to me there's more to that than a glow i would mess with an incandessence ramp first to try and match a similar effect as in the picture tweak some values until your happy do something with specular if needs be, and at last ad the glow.

Saying to change the value to .3 on the glow attr seems a bit easy in my opinion

I have included his picture in the attachment for all to see, next time save as a JPEG not a bmp they usually are a tad bigger in size
user added image

Attached Thumbnails