Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 25-11-2003 , 10:17 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by CyberAL
Would paying by PayPal be a possibility? This is a question that can be applied for the video tutorials as well.

theres no way on earth that we would take these sites through paypal...

but maybe we can do the magazines, Ill look into it

cheers

# 62 25-11-2003 , 03:40 PM
Subscriber

Cover challenge

So, Kev... one of the new challenges on the Simply sites should be "create the artwork for the front cover of our mag", eh?

# 63 25-11-2003 , 03:56 PM
Subscriber
So, here's what you do... have a classified "Job Postings" section in your mag and as you receive the announcements from employers leak them to your friends.

(I'll be sending you beer tokens in the mail later today :p )

user added image

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 64 25-11-2003 , 07:03 PM
Sounds way sweet to me, I'd be in if it was affordable, $6-8 US isn't bad at all, but I'll have to wait to see how much more for shipping, why do all the graphics mags have to come out in the UK? Let's see, Digit, 3DWorld, Computer Arts World, Simply_, Digital Creative Arts, etc. lol, I'd would be interested in a download option, that would be great, and this sounds like a very awesome mag.

N2ChristTheKing,
Chris White
# 65 25-11-2003 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
I like the sound of this. I'm not a VIP member of the site, and although I have ordered one CD of tutorials, after the exchange rate, it is still fairly expensive (Though I've been enjoying the tutorials).

A magazine with some high quality/detail tutorials and some artwork, from members of the site or elsewhere, would be a great idea.

Once again, being from Australia, I think the option of a paid download along the lines of the current tutorial CDs would be great, especially for those of us who do not have a credit card and for whom monthly membership fees would be difficult to organise, or just cost prohibitive.

I'm getting that nostalgic feeling, back in the c64 and Amiga days, where the mags had some substance. Reviews, editorials, tricks and tips for various apps. And even sections dedicated to scripting the various apps. I think this sort of thing would be very popular.

gelfie

# 66 26-11-2003 , 05:32 AM
Sounds like a fantastic idea! Kevin, do you think you could send out an mass-email when orders are ready to be taken? (not a very active member i hate to admit)

# 67 27-11-2003 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
quote-
"why do all the graphics mags have to come out in the UK?"

We rock that's why ;-) England is cutting edge mate. Specially LONDON!!!

grrrr
# 68 28-11-2003 , 12:02 PM
hummmm....my brain is whirling from ideas here..... things like purchase your copy of the first and later collectable issue in advance...... since i am not an artist some other concepts do not escape me..........tee heee hee

OH OH OH (to pony) but Baby I love you

Kevin I will talk to you later about a couple things...Like send you an email or something .....

**heading off to get a drink of very cold water to cool the fires in my brain**

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.
# 69 28-11-2003 , 07:18 PM
Subscriber
STAY WELL AWAY FROM Pay PAL

The current system of buying points is fine and i can't see why it shouldn't be used for the mag.

# 70 29-11-2003 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber
ill buy user added image

Monsters! Monsters from the id!
# 71 30-11-2003 , 10:17 PM
i like the idea and i know you guys can make a hell of a mag with good content
count me in user added image

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington