Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-04-2004 , 12:00 AM

The Leg Isoparm's Connected To The... Torso Isoparm... :)

Hey!

I have such a simple question that it bears repeating. Okay, I'm FINALLY moving on to something different (no more rendering and ligthing questions for a little while anyway) but I feel so stupid. I need to connect my character's legs AND arms to his torso but I'm not sure how to do it. I know there's something in there about adding isoparms to match up with each other and such but maybe I'm just too dumb to figure it out on my own. LOL! Help... Thanks all!

BTW, I kinda want to give him an ass too. Though it really won't be seen since I'm planning on using Cloth to put clothes on him, I think he'd appreciate an ass as well. It's kind of important.

Russell

Attached Thumbnails

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 13-04-2004 , 12:38 AM
Are those NURBS? I don't think you can do that. No, I'm quite sure that you can't do that. Well, that's unless you do alot of cutting and rebuilding in those surfaces (for example, you can cut each leg on the inside to alow it to open and then you fill the new empty space with 2 new surfaces) But I don't think that's a good idea anyway.

If you are going to be dressing him up then don't bother filling that space (or just put a sphere in there to help the cloth calculations), but you don't need to conect anything.

But if you still want to close that some how then you will have to start over (at least with the legs). I'm feeling to lazy to type up instructions right now so do find out all what you can about patch modeling and that should help you close that area. And then if you have any problem or more specific questions I'll probably be awake by then and able to help you more.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 3 13-04-2004 , 12:44 AM
The Maya Mountain
Might want to check out my "leg to torso" tutorial at my site. Also have an "arm to torso" one. Video version of the arm tutorial here in VIP.

# 4 15-04-2004 , 02:20 AM
Thanks Mike! user added image I tried it out and it wasn't perfect so I may just start all over and try again. Practice makes perfect and I want this whole things to be as perfect as I can get it. user added image

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com