Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 27-05-2004 , 03:59 AM
Subscriber
Time eh..
that thing that Gets us in trouble, , Keeps us out of trouble...Gives and takes our money... Is never aboundant, is always around too much....

Maybe thats all teh explination of it we need.. it both, is..and isnt...does and doesnt.. will and wont.. .. its existance contridicts its self..coincidentally..with each passing moment..

Legend

# 17 27-05-2004 , 08:50 AM
it is curious... time hasnt any of the avobe qualitys, it isnt even a "thing" but more like a "set of rules", the things following those rules (whatever may be) can have those qualitys... but not time itself... ! user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 27-05-2004 at 10:19 AM.
# 18 27-05-2004 , 11:09 AM
I hate having exams... why? well.... statistically in the last 4 years theres a time correlation between me having exams and family & friends or just people i know(or even me) having surgery performed on them or even dying... this year just couldnt be any different...

life is a one way trip and the destination is the same for everyone, what maters is the trip itself. I just still dont know what "places" to visit...
was lennon who said that life is what happens while we are planning other things?

Last edited by dragonfx; 27-05-2004 at 11:20 AM.
# 19 27-05-2004 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber
To learn more about time, I would recommend reading up on time dilation and space-time. On a second note, light is just as interesting as time and is a phenomenon as well. To us, light travels at some really high speed, but in actuality, light does not travel at all. (learned it in physics class) When light is created, it instantly appears where ever it can.

ex: I shine a flash light at a wall. It lights the wall up instantly because the light did not have to travel from the flash light to the wall. Once the bulb was illuminated, the light was on the wall and no traveling was done.

Now to combine light and time... If you travel at the speed of light, you can theoretically go through time dilation. This theory is widely accepted although not proven I don't believe. It's in our text books at least...

As for the destiny/fate stuff, I won't be replying to the matter simply because, as I said before, I don't want to get into that type of discussion right now, however I will give you the link to a thread in a philosophy forum I like to read that explains determinism very well for those of you who are interested: https://forums.philosophyforums.com/s...ead.php?t=5261

# 20 28-05-2004 , 12:18 AM

Originally posted by Darkware
To learn more about time, I would recommend reading up on time dilation and space-time. On a second note, light is just as interesting as time and is a phenomenon as well. To us, light travels at some really high speed, but in actuality, light does not travel at all. (learned it in physics class) When light is created, it instantly appears where ever it can.

ex: I shine a flash light at a wall. It lights the wall up instantly because the light did not have to travel from the flash light to the wall. Once the bulb was illuminated, the light was on the wall and no traveling was done.

!
are you talking about waves? about particles? about special relativity?
dark... you just redefined c=0 or c=infinite?
in what phisics class you learned that!?!?user added image
one of the two you or me has to refresh its phisics?

Originally posted by Darkware

Now to combine light and time... If you travel at the speed of light, you can theoretically go through time dilation. This theory is widely accepted although not proven I don't believe. It's in our text books at least...

uh, and some of the predictions of special relativity have been indeed observed, including time dilation...

time dilation grows exponentially as you aproach lightspeed

(what follows is a random tought(i dont think that einstein said exactly this or at least not like this, and of course i havent done the maths to prove it): i guess you could define the "speed" of time as the speed of light. Supposing that nothing goes faster than light then information cant travel faster either, and as you only can measure time on terms of information about "regular" events then that information will get "faster" or "slower" to the observer )