Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-11-2006 , 08:50 AM

why arent my loops connecting?

well i am trying to make a shirt and everytime i use my cv curve tool i get the error curves must form a closed loop...why does that happen? and how can i fix this?

# 2 26-11-2006 , 08:57 PM
try selecting your curve after you're done making it and (from the modeling set) choose edit curves--> open/close curves.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 27-11-2006 , 09:49 AM
well i did just what you told me to but it still says it the same thing...how do i check for unconected extra curves?

and can anyone tell me how to do this their way from the start because i think i might just be doing it horribly wrong even tho ive followed the steps for the tutorials and the one in the help section in maya :headbang:

# 4 27-11-2006 , 10:40 PM
you don't need to have the curves be one piece like that. What it really means is that all the ends of all the individual curves meet. (well, they have to be planar too, but that's easier to account for). The best way to do this is to slide the first cv of the next piece along the curve during creation. - hold 'c', and it'l 'ride' the curve, and 'stick' at the end (a little). I never have any problems.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 5 28-11-2006 , 01:30 AM
well. so far im doing what i think is exactly what people tell me they do, but it still says the same thing...is there certain settings im supposed to change somewhere to do this right user added image

i actually think its me being stupid but if you can please tell me of the way you do it from the begining because i dont know what else to do :angery: , i made a garment once doing the same thing ive been doing but i think i did something and now i cant get it to stop giving me that loop error.