Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-05-2007 , 06:59 PM

super basic question

I have a mac 10.3.9 and I don't think I can run Maya 8.5. Is it possible to download the 7.0 version (free student learning version)? Been looking all over the web and the alias web site but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

# 2 23-05-2007 , 04:33 AM
Acid44
i dont think so i think since autodesk baught alias they kinda just dumped the older versionsuser added image

# 3 23-05-2007 , 05:15 AM

Originally posted by acid44
i dont think so i think since autodesk baught alias they kinda just dumped the older versionsuser added image

They dont just "dump" the older versions, there superseeded by the new ones making the older ones unavailable, if you were a company I doubt you would sell your old stuff along side your newer software. I think the support's still there but you wont be able to get a copy of version 7.

Whats the problem that you cant run it?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 24-05-2007 , 09:30 AM
You might want to check out secondhand books that come with the PLE.

I know the offical Alias Maya books have them.

Also, Maya 8.5 PLE is out. You can try installing it.

# 5 15-06-2007 , 06:56 AM
Thanks all, I'm going to try the 8.5 version on my mac and if that doesn't work I'll buy the book. Thanks for the help!