Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-04-2011 , 03:07 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

April Challenge_Lo PolyCharacter_Ozgalis

Going to do tidus, I want to change his outfit into more of a chainmail armor...make him seem a little more bad a**, playing with the idea of making him an elf instead of human to.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Ozgalis; 06-04-2011 at 03:17 PM.
# 2 06-04-2011 , 03:25 PM
Another great choice here! I was thinkin bout doin this guy at one point. good luck, look forward to seein this. user added image

# 3 06-04-2011 , 04:05 PM
Subscriber
I was going to do the main dude from ff8, which got me going though my old ps1 games and ended up doing the character I am. But I loved this guy - used to have all the model from FF10 at some point - they were really low poly.

You going for just a different look or more like a "Evil Ryu" type thing - you know as if he was a bad guy ..

Anyway get going want to see more work

# 4 06-04-2011 , 07:32 PM
just a different look at the moment, want to do some sketches for armor though, so maybe it will change when I get that going. Getting some reference art now and then taking care of some tax problems, hopefully will be able to start tonight.

# 5 06-04-2011 , 08:25 PM
Subscriber
Interesting idea.user added image
A world of Warcraft version of Titus......eh.....any takers?
I am Just being silly......
I am gonna keep my third eye on this one though.

# 6 06-04-2011 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
this could be interesting

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 7 10-04-2011 , 07:30 AM
So i am really going to try and make this comp.i dont think its going to happen at this point.....to much stuff going on, just quit my job. Yea you would think it would be prime time to get this stuff going, but i really need to find something...in to much debt not to, I have an idea so may be able to at least put together something....we will see what happens.

# 8 10-04-2011 , 07:50 AM
Subscriber
It'd be great to see you bring your idea to fruition OZ. But hopefully everything works out for you. Either way we're rooting for you!

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 9 12-04-2011 , 07:23 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
A great character and a great game ... I liked Auron best in that game however

# 10 19-04-2011 , 10:46 AM
Lifetime Member
Hey Oz how is it going mate?? hopefully you can still make the comp? I hope all is well...I wont join CG in 'rooting' for you...it means an entirely different thing in Aussie slang LOL...do hope its sorted though mate.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 11 21-04-2011 , 04:23 AM
haha whats it mean? and nah i dont think im going to make it, I joined a game compatition at my school, its a group of programmers and artists and we need to make a flash game. Currently I am working on the main character and some weapons, if I can I will post the finished product so you guys can check it out.

P.S. This is the second time I have joined this and they fell through so lets hope it works out this time...seems like it is though, my portion of the art is nearly finished, I just need to train someone in flash in the next week. Plus they already have the levels set up, just waiting on the environment backdrop the character (me) and the animals (everyone else).

# 12 21-04-2011 , 04:46 AM
Lifetime Member
Bummer...oh well good luck with the game mate. Uuuummmmm how to put it...'rooting' in Aussie means ' "sex" mate LOL.................

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 13 21-04-2011 , 04:49 AM
Subscriber
from behind even

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 14 21-04-2011 , 09:22 AM
Lifetime Member
bahahaha Chirone you are a cad

bullet1968

# 15 22-04-2011 , 06:14 AM
Subscriber
And once again I forget that words that means something to you means something completely different in other parts of the world.... user added image ...uh oops...

~To create a new world through the imagination