Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-03-2003 , 02:19 PM

Error: Cloth was recently disconnected. Playback, then retry making a button.

HELPEDIHELP.

When I try to make a button constraint Maya tells me: "Error: Cloth was recently disconnected. Playback, then retry making a button."

(ps. when I select the other way around (first cloth, then button) i get " Error: You must select 1 or more transforms and 1 cloth mesh." so that's not the problem)

Another problem I have creating cloth is that when I make a curve (closed by Edit Curves > Open/Close curve) and the select Panel it won't work. (" Error: Curves must form a closed loop. Check for unconnected or extra curves.")

I hope one of you can help me!

Remko

# 2 19-03-2003 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber

Re: Error: Cloth was recently disconnected. Playback, then retry making a button.

Originally posted by re404
HELPEDIHELP.

Another problem I have creating cloth is that when I make a curve (closed by Edit Curves > Open/Close curve) and the select Panel it won't work. (" Error: Curves must form a closed loop. Check for unconnected or extra curves.")

I hope one of you can help me!

Remko

You cannot use the open/close curve because a panel must be made of two or more curves. If you for example use the CV Curve Tool, you should use "snap to curves" and drag the starting point of the new curved to the end of the "old" curve to form a loop. Remember that your last curve should end exactly on the starting point of the first curve to make it a closed loop.

Hope this make sense. I dont know anything about the botton-thing.

Kühl