Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-08-2003 , 08:18 AM
Subscriber

tech support!!! How do you use object as light source?

Hello there,

I've got a couple of fluros in my scene and they're meant to be emitting light - I have the incandescene bumped up and I'm using a point light to simulate the light flood - problem is, it's reflecting off the ceiling and looks all wrong. How do I fix this - do I use an area light or swap to a spot - its so going to ruin my existing light setup.. Grrrr...

TGG

# 2 30-08-2003 , 12:37 PM
are you rendering with mental ray???

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 30-08-2003 , 01:55 PM
tell the point light not to light the ceiling. Goto relationship editors and then light linking>>light centric. Select the point light on the left hand side and then make sure that the ceiling is unselected on the other side user added image

that should do it

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 31-08-2003 , 01:28 AM
Subscriber
Pure MOrning! Thanks!!! Phwoar!! Power!

Just a curious mind thing but will unlinking that suface make the scene render that bit quicker? (Due to the obvious need to not do that extra calculation factor)