Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-05-2005 , 08:49 PM

Chelenge Suggestions

CAn anyone give me something to do with maya? Im an absolute noob and I can not do much. I would like a challenge that I could do, but not easily. Please post suggestions on this thread.
THis is because I have been looking for something that I can carry on with maya for several weeks and I have not been able to stick with anything so far, so please help me.
Also, if you have ref images please post them if you do not then u dont have to get them its ok.
Thanks for the help! user added image

# 2 10-05-2005 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber
Have you done the free cartoon dog tutorial? If not what have you tried before? This post is also in the wrong forum. People in here are working towards the challenge provided by SimplyMaya.

# 3 10-05-2005 , 09:20 PM
sorry

# 4 10-05-2005 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
Dont worry its ok, one of the mods will probably move it or something. But about your Maya tutorials, I would also suggest the cartoon dog tutorial, but if you need the bare essentials, then check out the videos that pop up at the start of maya.

# 5 10-05-2005 , 11:42 PM
Subscriber
Hehe, no need to be sorry user added image

It's cool, like alienscience said, it will get moved to a relevent forum by a mod in their own time. I'll presume you've done the dog tutorial just in case we're not giving you anything new to work on. So in presuming this, my challenge would be to you - model something real from your bedroom. Something simple to start with such as an office lamp or your playstation2, your monitor, a joystick/pad, whatever you feel personally you could deal with (at a push) modelling wise. When you come across a problem you don't know how to get around, read a tutorial or download one.

Of course one of the fastest ways to learn I think would be the free & vip tutorials - just work through them one at a time. In many of the free ones, with good observation, you can work it out without having to actually do it. Anyway, when you've decided what to work on, post in the W.I.P forum (work in progress) and if you need help for something specific someone will usually help.