Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-11-2009 , 05:33 PM

Head

This is the second ever head i done

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-11-2009 , 07:28 PM
What was your main method of creating this head? Are you just using the sculpt tool on a primitive?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 20-11-2009 , 08:12 PM
no i just made a cube and smoothed it and just moved the edges and vertex

# 4 20-11-2009 , 10:19 PM
check out those head wires
user added image

Carry on make second try on head modeling

# 5 21-11-2009 , 03:53 AM
I think it is a bit to early to start full time head modelling because I only started Maya 3 months ago

# 6 02-12-2009 , 01:43 PM
Ooops, a bit late on answering this.

I have a done a few heads, and finished my first model only a month after I started using Maya, and it really didn't look half bad at all.

take a look at Kurts FREE tutorial on a basic human form

https://www.simply3dworld.com/movie_p...tml?tut_id=138

using a Nurbs Sphere, he inserts isoparms, and uses the new vertices to push and pull at the respective parts of the face to arrive at a "cartoony" like topology.

Seriously, watch the tutorial and follow it along. Its probably the best starting point i've ever used.

If you're looking into more organic modelling, then the whole tutorial is full of brilliant tips and tricks.

# 7 03-12-2009 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
I would agree with Ceryni find a good tutorial and work your way through it. its probably the fastest way of learning rather than doing lots of small incomplete pieces.

One of the first projects i learnt was an orc head i found online somewhere turned out pretty well for my 1st attempt. I then did some environments and items to find out what i enjoyed making the most but definately spend more time on 1 thing.

- Big Tom
www.digitaltom.co.uk