Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 24-02-2004 , 09:30 PM
# 17 24-02-2004 , 09:38 PM
Yes

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 18 24-02-2004 , 09:41 PM
Oh thx Mike but too mutch points for my wery small founds, I am in upgradeing my computer at the moment and I dont have any founds too spend on points but when i finish my comp I will buy some og them, how mutch is 12 points?? btw files are too big for my home internet and I need too go to net cafe to download!!! Fu..ing 56k modems user added image

# 19 25-02-2004 , 05:17 AM
Well I am learing one thing about maya. You could spend your entire life on one model and it will never really be done (haha).

- refined the lips
- refined the cheek bone and cheek
- reduced polys from the base mesh from 2200 to 1500

Really learned a ton from this model. Not only does it look cool but I think my next model will go 10 times faster and have even crisper detailing.

I finally understand creasing I think!

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 25-02-2004 , 09:21 AM
OK you have wery nice model there, for how long you are in 3d, or for how long you model in maya???

# 21 25-02-2004 , 09:48 AM
It´s looking petty good, keep the good work user added image

weld some pixels !!!
# 22 25-02-2004 , 10:54 AM
Thank you ankalagon. Haha this is my second organic model in Maya. I worked for SGI for 5 years and can get the unlmited version for free. I had it sitting around for months and decided I would install it and see what 3d modelling was like.

I worked around real 3d modellers enough though to learn some of the work flow by osmosis - you know where things go from high density to LOW (hehe).

My first attempt at a 3d model was the nurbs human model of my nephew, I posted in this section as well.

I did not complete that model because I got bogged down in the nurbs patch network. By that time I had spent about 3 weeks using Maya. I stopped for a couple months then decided to try again but this time I decided to start from the ground up.

I bought the points for the monster head and complete dragon tutorials and this model is the result.

I really want to get into character modelling but I have never done any art training so I am an old fogy starting to self teach myself character art.

I bought a great book "Human Anatomy made Amazingly Easy" by Christopher Hart. I tried to apply what I have been learning from that to this model.

I absolutely love Maya and I am hopelessy hooked. I may never have a career in Character Modelling but I will be a closet modeller forever! I just wish I had more artistic talent to take better advantage of it. I have been looking at some of the work in the Jan/Feb challenge and I am quite envious.

I feel a bit like Saliari envying a bunch of Motzarts.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 10-03-2004 at 01:35 AM.
# 23 25-02-2004 , 11:05 AM
Was playing with lambert and blinn shaders and this popped out. I thought it looked interesting enough to share.

Attached Thumbnails
# 24 25-02-2004 , 12:26 PM
Mean It looks too plastik, make some not so shine textur, looking god BTW kip it up

# 25 25-02-2004 , 12:39 PM
I understend what you are talking abouth, I am wery bad with pencile (I don`t know to draw wery nice), my father is greate Drawer, my brother went into Dessing school, and I am Photografer, I am cretiv soul and i have some kind of need to expres my self, 3ds was the first program i begin to learning in, tah my frend introduced me with MAYA and like you say " may never have a career in Character Modelling but I will be a closet modeller forever". BTW i have few frends who draw wery nice nad thay can help me with references. BTW anyone can draw, model yust what you need is patienc and time user added image

# 26 25-02-2004 , 01:00 PM
Oh I forget, a have this greate book, nema is Anatomy for the artist by Jeno Barcsay, the drowings in taht book are so greate that i think ewery character modeler should have it on his desk

# 27 25-02-2004 , 04:37 PM
It never ends!

- Learning to use Polygon Edit>Selection I cleaned the model to 19 triangles. With the exception of the 4 that are at the corner of the mouth all the remaining ones are tucked in hard to see areas and all are very tiny.

- Added more bone structure to the top of the head
- Redid the nostril loops
- tweaked the lower lip a bit
- tweaked the cheek and jaw line
- added musculature flow to the neck in preparation for going to the body tutorial.

At this point I think I am gonna call this head done and will be starting on the body model next.

PS - I agree the blue plastic shinny shader does not look all that good. I mainly was just tinkering and thought it looked interesting at the time.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ctbram; 25-02-2004 at 04:44 PM.
# 28 25-02-2004 , 07:33 PM
Very nicely done user added image user added image

# 29 26-02-2004 , 10:31 AM
grrrr! The cheek just was not right. It was to sunk in at the very front so I had to do one last tweak. LOL

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 26-02-2004 , 03:03 PM
That looks great!

Lungs not guns....