Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 18-09-2002 , 11:05 AM
yeah and let us knwo how the job interview went

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 17 18-09-2002 , 11:27 AM
hehe I sure will user added image

BTW: its drafting user added image lol not my thing but it will look REALLY good on my resume, for doing that work this young user added image (lets just say I dont got my drivers lisence yet)

it will be using a program called Xsteel by Tekla. but it might be interesting.. who knows user added image

... Intelligence is irrelevance !!
# 18 18-09-2002 , 11:34 AM
sounds pretty heavy ! :-)

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 19 18-09-2002 , 02:16 PM
Subscriber
I am from saudi arabia and can anyone tell me how i can spend 36 SR FOR JUST DOWNLOADING STUFF AND UPON THAT THE TIME IT TAKES FOR DOWNLOAD ON MY 56K AND THE not to mention PHONE BILLLLLLLLLL?????

I WISH I COULD GET CD'S POSTED TO ME EVERY MONTH FOR THAT PRICE

# 20 18-09-2002 , 02:26 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by tariqrf
I am from saudi arabia and can anyone tell me how i can spend 36 SR FOR JUST DOWNLOADING STUFF AND UPON THAT THE TIME IT TAKES FOR DOWNLOAD ON MY 56K AND THE not to mention PHONE BILLLLLLLLLL?????

Have you every purcahsed a maya type movie? like a cd one that goes over modeling, animation etc etc..?

well these are the same, but are available for download as this way people have instant access and dont have to wait for postage etc...

just to send cds to saudi would cost that alone, let alone the contents on the cd.

But we are going to have an online shop where cd's can be purchased and each country will have its own postage costs..

But .. the choice is simple... nobody has to join, we dont force anyone into the VIP area- maybe send an e-mail to Alias and ask them how they dare charge $149 USD for a 1 hr cd, maybe they will give you it for free if you are very nice

As for your 56 k and phone bill - sorry about that, that sucks... we also get big bills!

# 21 18-09-2002 , 02:34 PM

Originally posted by tariqrf

Might want to tone it down a little bit dude ... all of us have bills also, as a matter of fact we actually pay those "36 SR" because we want to ... we don´t actually lose that money.

Don´t want to spend it? Then stop whining about it. user added image

(hate this kind of spammers .. sorry)

# 22 18-09-2002 , 02:45 PM
The Maya Mountain
When it comes to learning, I would recomend learning polygons first. Of the three types of geometry, polygons are the easiest to learn and for the most part, it is the most used type of geometry in the industry. Once you've got polygons down pat, I'd say learn Nurbs and Sub-Ds.

Also keep in mind that the world of 3D is broken up into lots of different categories. You can get a job as a modeler, animator, texture artists, etc etc. So, as you are learning, see what you like the best and focus most of your energies on that. However, you don't want to skip anything. It's always best to learn a little bit about everything, but then know your specialty like no one else. user added image

Also, know that learning is going to take time, and that you can't expect to be putting out masterpieces right away, or even after 6 months or even more! People learn at different speeds.

Also, seeing as you are fairly young, (I'm guessing 15 perhaps? This guess only being based on your saying you are not old enough for a driver's liscense... you type very well for a young person. user added image ) take advantage of your youth by learning as much as you can while you are still under your parent's roof! By the time you enter the job market at 18 or 19, you could be a super Maya Master! user added image

Hope some of that helps. I used to work at a school teaching this stuff, and this stuff is pretty much what I found while working there.

# 23 18-09-2002 , 03:11 PM
Kevin
yep mikes right!! start with the polys, so easy to get basic shapes..

press f1 on your keybard and do the hammer tutorial and the hand tutorial to..then do the hand tutorial from this site as it is a little more advanced...

you might find the other free vids usefull although they are easy they do have a few good things to get you started

# 24 18-09-2002 , 03:38 PM
look also for tutorials on the internet, they also give you much insight on what you are doing and the backgroud of poly, nurbs and SubD.

Just to let you know we all stared out with 56 K ! So the choice is yours !

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 25 18-09-2002 , 05:20 PM
Thanks Mike user added image this is what i was looking for user added image

I think 3D is sorta my thing to do in life.. i donno I know I am young, but I just seem to click with it. Thats why I want to teach myself the right way, not missing any steps along the 3D graphics path user added image

I did the hammer tut once.. but kinda messed it up as i was rushing through it and skiping steps.. this is when i just first got Maya, and wanted to see some axion fast, hehe so I didnt take the time to learn anything. But now imr eady to sit down with it.

thanks guys

... Intelligence is irrelevance !!
# 26 18-09-2002 , 05:42 PM
take your time, trust me you need it, Maya is very very big ! user added image

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 27 18-09-2002 , 06:27 PM

Originally posted by Protheus
take your time, trust me you need it, Maya is very very big ! user added image

It is? .. but it´s only 297,66M on my down load queue?

Lol .. just joking

# 28 18-09-2002 , 07:29 PM
oke... I did not hear that !! ... user added image

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 29 18-09-2002 , 07:57 PM
Lol .. shhh .. before "you-know-who" finds out ..
LOL LMAO

# 30 18-09-2002 , 09:22 PM
oke....shhhhhhhhh.... I wont' tell !! user added image

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk