Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-12-2004 , 09:32 PM

Dec/Jan - Noob - O-my

Last contest i didnt have the time to finish it sadly even though i wished i had. For this one i think im ganna do a revolutionary war guy. A redcoat with his rifle.

Think it will be fun to do and im going to finish this competition this time.

One question...i can only have tris in my model or what?

Dont get it but it will be a learning experience.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein
# 2 10-12-2004 , 07:51 PM
Subscriber
you can have any shapes you want, when they say use under 7000 or 3500 tri's is one square patch = 2 triangle faces, dont have more triangles than 7000 or 3500 etc...

click display--- Heads up display ---- poly count

this will show you how many tri you got

Pretzels and Beer
Pizza Pockets and Computer programers
Shortcuts and 3D artists

May we always be together.
# 3 12-12-2004 , 12:11 AM
ok...just wanted some clarity on that subject thnx...

As far as progress i have none b/c i got in a car accident and have been sore and a little shaken up.

I will try to get it done but i have 1 other project that i need to get done before i start this but im almost done with it.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein
# 4 30-12-2004 , 11:02 PM
Ok i finished the face of my guy and its at 800 tris and i will cut it down if i have to...but for now it will do. Ill post a pick later today i hope of him.

# 5 30-12-2004 , 11:37 PM
It shouldnt be to big....im going to make the clothing less detailed and I will be going back and cleaning up much of the worthless faces.

But just to show u i am doing something.

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 01-01-2005 , 03:23 AM
Subscriber
wow he looks JUST like yoshimitsu.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 7 01-01-2005 , 08:03 PM
if i knew who that was i may be gratefull or offended....lol anywho...i did some clean up on him and i think i may give him a pistol or rifle....ill finish him up and ill see.

Little edit: I reduced the face by about 100 tris and i can cut out more if i have to....so off to the clothing which i have little to none experience in.

P.S.- My comma is broken hence all the.... and . ( never know how much you miss a comma until its gone)

Last edited by Omy; 01-01-2005 at 08:52 PM.
# 8 05-01-2005 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
Yoshimitsu is an interesting character created by Namco, that originally appeared in Tekken and later on in Soul Calibur II beat-em up's on the Playstation and Playstation 2.

What makes him interesting is he's got a mask with a different face on each side. Happy, sad, good, evil. I'm not sure. I've seen this mask in carnivals and on battlefields.

He is probably based loosely on the 1045-1127 AD samurai Minamoto Yoshimitsu who was great with the sword and anatomy through bizarre methods of observing the slain heh. He's the younger brother of Minamoto no Hachiman Taro Yoshiie (1041- 1108), who was considered to be the greatest warrior in all of Japanese History. The minnamoto's know-how of warfare and anatomy was passed down to the Takeda family in the 12th century.

Here's bizarre amounts of the game incarnation Yoshimitsu.
https://yoshimitsu.gamingsource.co.uk/yoshibio2.php

Yoshimitsu Screenie:

Attached Thumbnails

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 9 05-01-2005 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
some crazy info man! ... wasn't soul caliber originallly an arcade game that was first ported to dreamcast, then to all the other systems? I believe thats how it went anyway. I've played it on multiple systems. I bought it on dreamcast, played it on a gamecube, and a ps2. And, yoshimitsu is an extreme pain to defeat on all of them!!!! hehe, keep up the good work man!

hes also great in soul calibur II

# 10 05-01-2005 , 07:57 PM
i see the resemblence. I modeled him up without reference just some guy. But i decided to get the gun out of the way first so im ganna be modeling that soon enough. I really dont wana do his clothes but since thats 90% of this guy i guess i will have too.

# 11 05-01-2005 , 10:54 PM
One question...my comp has been running very slow on any program and i dont know why. Im thinking its the memory cause when ever i load Maya up and started modeling even the basics it was lagging.

Any help would be great. If it means i have to upgrade me computer ill finally have an excuse to do so.

# 12 05-01-2005 , 11:27 PM
The Maya Mountain
how much RAM do you have? Booting Windows XP eats up about 250mb by itself. Adding Maya and Photoshop or whatever eats it up quickly.

# 13 05-01-2005 , 11:53 PM
ya i know...i have windows 2k probly ganna get xp pro soon.

I have 512mb ram i think its 2100 but the gun is much less detailed than the guy and i may exclude it all together but heres what i did in a couple min.

Im plan on finishing my guy up soon enough.

Attached Thumbnails

# 14 06-01-2005 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 15 06-01-2005 , 05:43 AM
thnx for the images will will with texturing and how to model them clothes.