Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 04-08-2005 , 07:19 AM

Escalator W.I.P.(with movie)

Hi there...

Since I just started on Maya, and I don't have any experience with other 3D utilities, I hope you guys won't be too hard on me :blush:

I started working on this, when I just recently saw a tutorial on those tracks that you see on a tank. That principal reminded me of an escalator, and the idea was born :attn:

As you can see in the image below, the sideways of the escalator, are build up out of 2 pieces. My question is, how can I fix this, so either it is one piece, or it just lookes like it's one piece? user added image

Here's the movie:
CLICK FOR MOVIE

Im sort of planning to make a little mall out of this image, that's why the groundplane is so large :p

Well I don't know what else to say here, and this is a pretty big post already, so I guess I'll just let you guys read and ask me questions, help me or give me advises :attn:

Thanks, Mitchell

EDIT: I saw that my image isn't online via the attachment thingy, so please wait a sec, I'll have it up soon.

There it is user added image
user added image
user added image

Last edited by Splashor; 04-08-2005 at 05:18 PM.
# 2 04-08-2005 , 05:26 PM

# 3 12-08-2005 , 03:55 PM
Subscriber
looking cool

i guess its all out of poly, if so, what you can do is select both halves of your escalator and do a poly combine. Once youve done that youve made it one object. Now weld the verticies together. If they dont match up, just use your split poly too and create some extra faces.

the movie is cool, seems to animate nicely

hope this helps

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 4 13-08-2005 , 05:22 PM
Okay thank you very much, I"ll try this the first thing monday, 'cause tonight I have to prepair to party user added image And tomorrow I have to work(yes on sunday user added image ) I'll let you know if it works user added image)

Mitchell