Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-03-2008 , 09:10 AM

animating a flip

so I've got this character that i want to make flip... trying to plan out in advance how to do this. since his waist control doesn't move his feet controls, they are independent.

i was thinking of keying the rotation node of the foot and placing it where the node of the waist is, then give both foot controls and the waist control the same rotate value, then when the flip is done put the rotation nodes back where they belong.

and now it just occurred to me that i could just group the three control shapes together, and center that rotation node. thats a better idea right?

i just don't want to waste way too long doing this so making sure there isn't a faster way. cheers! user added image