Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-04-2008 , 10:23 AM

skin deformation question.

I'm modeling a metal exterior and need the skin to not deform. I rigged my biped with arm and leg rolls and attached the "arrmor" to that. I dont have another skin (muscle) just the plates. arms legs shoulder body head. But I get deforming skins? I did use smooth bind, not sure if that was the best choice. I was under the impression if each plate is attached to one joint there would not be any deformation, but I guess I was wrong.

Can anyone help?

# 2 15-04-2008 , 02:25 PM
you could always try to just to a orient and point constraint to just that joint of the skeleton. Get the pivot of your object snap it to the joint of the skeleton and then under the animation menu (F2) select the object and the joint then select constraints>orient then repeat constraints>point.

# 3 16-04-2008 , 04:20 AM
So your saying constrain the points instead of skinning?

:: update :: I tried that and all my joint were messed up, I used the scrip editor to fix the orientations and all worked well. Thx I think this may get it..

Last edited by ulaoulao; 16-04-2008 at 09:22 AM.