Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-11-2003 , 04:31 AM

Dragon tutorial question

Hello all!

I am tring to set up an image plane like that in the first dragon head tutorial. I've done it over and over but can't get the image. When I middle mouse click and drag it on the plane, it confirmes it below....."result: dropped lambert1 onto pPlane1" but all I get is the plain grey plane.

I am using the Maya 5.0 PLE. I'm kinda thinking that may be the reason for the zilch, but don't really know for sure.

Any help would be greatly received, Thank you!

# 2 15-11-2003 , 04:46 AM
Remember to turn on hardware texturing.
(On the window menu)

# 3 15-11-2003 , 05:03 AM
Thanks...tryed turning on the hardware...but to no avail. I am following the tutorial to the tee...I just don't understand why I'm not getting anything.

# 4 15-11-2003 , 05:26 AM
The Maya Mountain
press 6 key to turn on hardware texturing. Also, it's good practice to get in the habit of not manipulating Lambert1. I would highly recomend leaving Lambert1 at its default and creating a new material to use for textures.

# 5 15-11-2003 , 05:54 AM
Thank you to both adldesigner and Michael! That did the trick! I'm brand spankin to the modelin scene and very eager to get myself educated.

Again, thank you for the rapid response.

Steve

P.S. Kudos and congrats to you, Mike, for creating a goal for yourself and attaining a dream job!