Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-09-2004 , 07:16 PM

motion control > maya

I'm working on a project that will involve motion control. The guys who run the moco camera were kind enough to shoot a test for me and give me measurements of the scene. After futzing with the moco data, i was able to get the camera move into maya. I set up the scene using their measurements and dropped the footage into the camera's image plane.
It doesn't line up.
The moco people can't help me cuz they don't have a clue how maya works. Does anyone know of any documentation or tutorial or forum available that explains how to get a moco shot into maya? I'm intersted in knowing the -proper- way to import moco data, how to configure the camera correctly as far as focal-length, filmback size, etc.. There is no info in the maya documentation and so i'm at a loss.. we shoot next week and i dunno what i'm going to do.
thanks so much for any comments..

scott

ps- the data i'm getting is from a mark roberts camera...

# 2 09-09-2004 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
the moco guys should know the lense and camara settings on there set up. If not buy some odd chance I would try to aproimate.

you mention that they don't match up. as in how exactly.. does it pan wildly ? or maybe its on track just the perpective is off?

just working sugestions hear. Haven't done anything like your atimpting my self.

# 3 13-09-2004 , 06:12 AM

moco

I have two cubes on c-stands and then a couple more c-stands in the background. The general shape of the camera path seems okay, but the scale/perspective of everything seems to be off. If I move and rotate the camera path so it lines up everything on the first frame, everything starts getting way of register near the end of the path. I could start messing around with the scale of the camera path itself but that seems kinda dangerous.. I have a feeling there are a couple other variables at work that i siply don't know about..

# 4 13-09-2004 , 10:11 AM
Subscriber
just wandering, as I still am not fully sure what you are doing, or have done. But does your lense in maya match that of the cam they used ??