Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-10-2004 , 03:33 PM

Light beams- anyone have any clues?

Hey, I'm a student and I'm tryin to learn maya for my animation course. I was hoping one of you could point me in the right direction for a tutorial that will help me create an Ident.
I'm looking for something similar to the New Regency logo, with the light flashing up through the 'R' and then glowing to produce it. If any of ya'll know where I can find a tutorial that might help me that would be really great.
Stay cool.

# 2 18-10-2004 , 06:30 PM
Not sure what logo you're talking about but if I'm reading it right, you're talking about rays of light that you see in alot of titling. If that's the case, this is usually done in a compositing app such as After Effects. There are even specialty plugins for it like Trapcode's "Shine."

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 18-10-2004 , 06:36 PM

Thank you for the heads up.

Hey Nitro, thank you for the information. I've not used after effects before so that another one I'll have to learn huh! lol.
Thank you again. Be good.

# 4 18-10-2004 , 06:52 PM

Another thought

Hey, sorry to bother you all again. I've been going through one of my maya books and I've come across len's flares that seems quite close to what I'm lookin for do any of you know of any online tutorials for them?

Thanks again, be good.