Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-11-2006 , 11:41 PM

CAN WE OPEN FILE IN MAYA 8.0 FROM NETWORK OR LAN ?

Help!!!! again...

Plz let me know if I can open .mb file directly from a windows machine which is connected to my Linux machine through LAN...

PLZ try it out and help me out...

Thanks ppl

YEAH!!!
# 2 03-11-2006 , 12:32 AM
Senior Software Developer
This depends on the mb and ma files. MB files are written in binary (MB = Maya Binary) MA Files are written in ASCCI (MA = Maya ASCCI).

If Linux and windows can understand the bianry code written to this files (this should be application specific), then it should work. For safety I would use MA Files to save as and then it should minimise any issues. With MA files you can go in and edit the information and change what is required to let them run in the OS you are using. This would have to be done everythime you change the OS.

I would ask this question in a LINUX forum also. I am a windows owner so I am using my limited knowledge of Linux. I have asked a buddy, who is a linux admin guy, so I will post for feelings on the subject.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 03-11-2006 , 12:56 AM
Senior Software Developer
His answer to this query was yes it should work without any problems...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)