Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-12-2002 , 03:34 PM

Character modeling

what method is better for modeling polygon or subdivision. and can someone explain to me how to create a character using this method. pleaseuser added image

hey if i werent me, id be a cat
# 2 22-12-2002 , 03:49 PM
can anyone help me?

hey if i werent me, id be a cat
# 3 22-12-2002 , 05:57 PM
Umm... this is kind of a big question user added image I'd suggest to dive into the tutorials found for example here and see for yourself. Polys are good to start with...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 23-12-2002 , 12:03 AM
The Maya Mountain
It's all a matter of preference... My personal preference is polygons. Try both and see what you think.

# 5 24-12-2002 , 09:55 AM
can anyone tell me more about the texturing in maya

dharam
# 6 25-12-2002 , 12:04 AM
The Maya Mountain
I've got a couple tutorials going over how to ready surfaces for textures on my site... as for applying textures it is very simple. Let me know what exactly you're trying to find out...

# 7 25-12-2002 , 02:57 PM
I'm just getting into modelling, but would like to find the answers to the following ?'s:

What's the main diffrence between modelling in sub-d's, NURBS, and Polys. When & why would it be appropiate to use what type?

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 8 26-12-2002 , 04:19 PM
The Maya Mountain
Well, first consider what you are building for... if for games, then you have to use polys. For video/film, you can use whatever you want.

Once that is established, it's still all a matter of preference. lol Sorry for not having direct answers, but that's just how modeling is... like sculpting clay... everyone could do it differently and still come up with some cool looking sculpture. user added image

Good luck!