Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-10-2009 , 05:18 PM

Photoshhop colours wrong in Maya

Hi All

I have made a model and a simple text texture in Photoshop, when I bring the taxture into Maya I get completely different colours from the ones I set in Photoshop.

First I wanted a gold colour, got what I want in Photoshop took it into Maya it was a much lighter colour, the only way I could get it to something like gold in Maya was to make it light blue in Photoshop.

Now I want black, set black in Photoshop and I am getting of white in Maya!!!!!

Any idears?

Thanks
Trikeman

# 2 30-10-2009 , 05:42 PM
I don't have Photoshop, nor have I ever used it. But just thinking to myself, I'm wondering if it could have something to do with RGB v/s RYB.

For example, in RGB, equal amounts results in White. But in RYB, equal amounts result in Black.

Maya operates in RGB as far as I know. So perhaps you are using RYB in Photoshop and it's messing up when importing into Maya which I don't think understands RYB.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 30-10-2009 , 07:12 PM
I think they are both in RGB, but thanks, anymore ideas?

Trikeman

# 4 30-10-2009 , 08:37 PM
The Nurb Herd
what lights do you have?

# 5 30-10-2009 , 08:44 PM
Only the defualt