Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 22-01-2010 , 06:59 AM
Subscriber

MEL Command (MakeROLL)

Hi again!

Totally new subject i've never inquired about. Which is good I guess, it means I am jumping into new things and gaining more experience.. but I have a problem..

I am animating a ball bouncing and I am trying to incorporate the Mel Command "MakeROLL"

The command allows make to make a sphere and have it automatically "roll" whenever I move it on the X;Z axis. For a bouncing ball however, the Y axis must be used. With this command attached to my nurbSphere1 it will not let me move it in the Y axis.. I've tried grouping and parenting but I'm not sure if I am doing it right.

Does anyone know what I can do?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

# 2 23-01-2010 , 03:34 AM
Technical Director
Why not animate it using keys?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 23-01-2010 , 07:18 PM
Subscriber
Because.... It's the same command like they wrote for Luxor jr. So I'm using a ball. And I want to use the expression. It's smarter, cleaner and looks damn good.

Do you know anything about expressions?

# 4 23-01-2010 , 11:18 PM
Technical Director
Just so you know, expressions evaluate much slower than normal networks or keys.

What you can do, is create a nurbs circle, and parent the sphere to it. When you grab the sphere, it should still move in the x and z, and you would use the curve to move it up in y.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.