Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-03-2011 , 06:58 AM

Assignment due in 2 days, texture problem.

Hi guys. I'm currently doing our first big game design assignment for school and I've run into an issue.

I've been texturing a spear/scythe model, and I've been texturing the whole thing the same way (selecting faces, applying texture, projecting, then unwrapping the UVs), and suddenly when I try to apply a texture to the scythe blade, it just won't appear. I've attached a shot.

I've tried re-creating the UVs, and applying a completely different material and re-loading the texture, but nothing helps.

I would be so grateful if someone could help me because I have a few other models I need to get done by tonight (due in two days) but this has me stumped.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-03-2011 , 07:40 AM
Lifetime Member
Are you using Photoshop or Maya textures?? and are you selecting the whole object? not face by face? If you are using a Maya texture just apply it to the WHOLE blade, then create UV and use automatic map...see if that works

cheers bullet

EDIT: it also looks like your normals are reversed on the handle? is this the case with the scythe or is the handle black for a reason?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 27-03-2011 , 12:42 PM
Is it displaying in the render. Or not displaying in the openGL.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 4 27-03-2011 , 03:31 PM
The Nurb Herd
do you have a snapshot of your uv layout?

# 5 27-03-2011 , 09:59 PM
EduSciVis-er
Do you have multiple UV sets? It might be displaying the wrong UV set, or you might have accidentally created a new one.