Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-04-2003 , 05:36 PM
Subscriber

Mobile phone

Hi,

Just made this Nokia 3210 mobile phone. All comments/crits welcome, let me know what you think user added image will texture it soon, just wondering the best way to make up the textures.

cheers,

James

# 2 06-04-2003 , 11:46 PM
Do you have an original picture to compare to?

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 3 07-04-2003 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber

originals

yep, i have some reference photos (did you want to see them?)

# 4 07-04-2003 , 10:47 PM
yeah james do that... it will help to give everyone here to give you some good visual feedback...:d
ciao

# 5 08-04-2003 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
here's the reference pics:

# 6 08-04-2003 , 04:40 PM
Subscriber
side view:

# 7 09-04-2003 , 05:53 AM
oh! the good old 3210....

# 8 09-04-2003 , 12:33 PM
Doenst seem lik eyou made a spot for the screen, or did you plan to have that as just a texture?

# 9 10-04-2003 , 04:29 PM
I think you should tweak the top part....cause if u see in the pic its seamless....

# 10 11-04-2003 , 06:26 AM
Subscriber
The model looks like CLAY! is it just the picture or is there alot of weird breakup all over it?

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 11 11-04-2003 , 06:30 AM
Subscriber
is it just me?

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 12 11-04-2003 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber
Hi,

thanks for the responses user added image

yes i know the good old 3210 is probly not a terribly exciting object to model hehe user added image

Well partly the reason i decided to make it was that I wanted to try out a way of making the seams where the edges of the different plastic/metal parts fix together. Kindof practicing really, for making these kind of seams/edges that you get on cars/bikes etc. and other man-made objects with visible component parts. So I basically tried extruding it, which has a weird effect in places!

Orignally I was going to make it for 3d web viewing application, but decided to model it all, rather than texture . So I was also wondering if anyone knew a good way of baking the textures on? (i think that's the right term)
Then i could have two versions high, and low poly. (twisteddragon33: was going to try out the texture of it first to see if it looked any good)

Vectorman: I think you're right it definately looks like clay! user added image I think the problem I had with it was trying to extrude on a curve, which sometimes made a weird result (though useful to remember if I ever want to make objects that look like clay)

I don't know if I'm going about making the seams the right way? any ideas?

cheers,

James

# 13 11-04-2003 , 04:42 PM
Subscriber
Yah you gotta teach me to make some clay! wOOt