Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-09-2002 , 06:52 PM

Easy ways to do faces?

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone could share an easy way to make "kinda good looking" faces. Im at the point where im comfortable working with CV's and isoprams, and demand more than just sculpting. The only other alternative seems to be that I should "draw" the faces with the CV tool and then loft/revolve them, however, I just cant get the hang of it. There must be a better/easier way!

THANKS!!!

-StoopidDonky

"ACk and you shall receive"
# 2 09-09-2002 , 11:21 AM
I would try the tutorial from thehobbitguy.
Well, he uses polygons to model a head, but in my opinion the face of the creature in the tutorial looks really great.

You can find it under:
https://www.thehobbitguy.com/tutorial...ing/index.html

Hope this is helpful, though it isn't about NURBS.

Bye
BlackRage

# 3 09-09-2002 , 01:04 PM
oh the best link in world. this guy rocks.

# 4 09-09-2002 , 02:53 PM
Subscriber

Hobbitguy

Well..the tutorial is great, but creates a really heavy model (for my computer). Isn't that easy to handle afterwards when it comes to skinning/rigging. Prefer Nurbs or SubD's (last ones are also quite slow in MAYA). But I've seen, that the trend goes towards polygon-modeling.

b u l l e t

# 5 09-09-2002 , 10:16 PM
Modeling is part creativity, part patience, and part knowledge......Some of the more difficult modeling done in 3D is not easy for a reason......separates the small dogs from the big dogs user added image ....IMO there is no easy way to do certain things.....you just gotta find a way that fits your specific skills. Lots of people can sculpt but few can sculpt really well user added image

Modeling Human features is really difficult to do as well......I think it's one of the harder things to try and create in 3D user added image