Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 29-01-2004 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber

Simple Animation help..

Hiya,
I'm working out of my book at the moment and am playing around with simple objects and effects, trying to Animate some 'lightning' - How do I get the lighning to turn off? as it plays for the entire sequence. The book is a bit unclear - I wondered if you could explain it in simple terms so I can re-check what I have done...

Regards Scraggy

# 2 29-01-2004 , 06:10 PM
You can just keyframe its intensity, in the attributes... 0 would be off and 1 would be high

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 29-01-2004 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber
Thanks - I have it - I think I had gone wrong in the "Parenting"

Its still hard though, I have 2 points left - any suggestion on spending them on Anim basics??... Although I think I will play around awhile first because I have the rigging one by Mike to complete yet... I may just play with my "Bouncing balls" yet awhile

Thanks Scraggy