Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 10-07-2004 , 05:33 AM

snaffle raffle

yay for reservoir dogs

Attached Thumbnails

www.ahearnart.com
aim: kaltnue303

JOIN THE 3D USERS MYSPACE GROUP:
https://groups.myspace.com/3DNERDS
# 17 10-07-2004 , 06:40 AM
Subscriber
or you can just make a real eye like you used to and trow the eyeball away and put some freaky stuff coming out instead :p

# 18 10-07-2004 , 07:56 PM

Re: ;]

Originally posted by bahearn81
Yah I do the same thing, skip to the parts I like then first then do the boring parts last... or just start a new project lol:bored: but i do that like 73% less now, so yay. and yah i got randomn crap all over my scene when im still building it till i delelte it, it's less efficient that way ;] im almost done with him though, the eyes still seem incompletet though, i keep going back and forth with teh empty eye idea or filled. ill probabyl try ur robotic eye idea ;] like that thnig that popped out in jedi. :p i also think i might cut off one of his arms and give him like a hook thing mc-claw-hand.

Yeah I sometimes do that too...I know it is probably a bad thing though to keep skipping parts like that...lol! I need to focus more on just finishing the projects, lol. Anyway, it is looking really good so far! The robotic eyes were just a suggestion, I think it still looks great without the eyes! If you are going for the more "zombie" kind of look, it may be better without the eyes anyway, or have maybe the tendons where the eyes fell out! user added image You can try it if you want to though. user added image I like the kind of "molted" texture you have on there though! It makes it look like it is decaying! I still think it would look neat if you added some color to it though, like browns, reds, and greens to get it to look more like it is a zombie. :p Keep up the good work! user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 19 11-07-2004 , 07:48 AM

texturin

started texturin a lil

Attached Thumbnails

www.ahearnart.com

# 20 11-07-2004 , 08:24 PM
Awesome bahearn81, I really like your start on the texture for the model! user added image Maybe try having some red "slash marks" or something on his body to give him the look of a cut-up dead carcus!! :p It is just a thought...I really like the metal texture on the saw blade coming out of his head and with the metal plates on his body! I think it is very effective and it really does look like metal! Keep up the great work! user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 21 11-07-2004 , 09:48 PM
cut up dead carcas? now thats just gross! hehe jk ;] thanks for your encouragment and all this great input!

www.ahearnart.com

# 22 11-07-2004 , 11:15 PM

skin

skined-ded

Attached Thumbnails

www.ahearnart.com

# 23 12-07-2004 , 08:22 PM

Originally posted by bahearn81
cut up dead carcas? now thats just gross! hehe jk ;] thanks for your encouragment and all this great input!

You're welcome bahearn! user added image I am glad I could be of some help to you. user added image Hehe, yeah, perhaps "cut up dead carcus" was not the appropriate term for it. :p Nice looking model so far by the way! It is really beginning to look more like a "skinned dead" carcus!! user added image lol!! I think it still needs the red slash marks though....but it's just my opinion. Also, the skin texture looks a bit "shiny...." maybe it is just the lighting, but you may want to tone that down a little, and try to make it look more "fleshy" like. Keep up the great work though! user added image

# 24 13-07-2004 , 01:04 AM
Wow... dude, you rock.