Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-09-2004 , 05:47 AM
Subscriber

ancient robot character

boy, its been a while...school has started for me so ive been busy with that. Not much opportunity to mess around with maya. then in my design class my teacher gave us an assignment. build something in 3d. Now...sure its 3d in a virtual sense...but ill be damned if it doesnt involve all the elements of 3d design : ) so i decided i would design and animate a character...and i had to do it in one week....anyway..i drew up some concepts...

user added image

user added image

i barely finished it in time...i dont recommend doing something like this for a school project when you are taking other classes concurrently, it gets....messy. anyway...a frame from the final animation that i really like...now i did have to make some cuts to have it done in time...you will notice that he has no hands...he should have hands..and god willing some day he will recieve them.

user added image

also a lot of smooth skin weight problems...didnt have time to polish it...quick and dirty..that phrase could really encapsulate this entire project to be honest...so yea..the night before the day it was due im working on it...finishing it up and rigging it...and its 2 and i had to still build an animation. So i threw this together in about an hour and a half, there are def problems...but i like it : ) i had to track the staff manually because the locators where his hands should be had some constraint problems...i think its still pretty decent though...C&C are most welcome

short robot animation

# 2 19-09-2004 , 08:02 AM
Subscriber
Hey welcom back, I know what you mean about school, it sucks user added image

I love your concept, I love your model, I love your animation, I love you.... oops I think I took it a little too far user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 3 19-09-2004 , 04:32 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by RubberChicken
Hey welcom back, I know what you mean about school, it sucks user added image

I love your concept, I love your model, I love your animation, I love you.... oops I think I took it a little too far user added image

well you are both made of rubber apparently, lol.. btw that robot looks really nice!

# 4 19-09-2004 , 04:42 PM
Time constraints aside, the animation turned out pretty damn cool!

Nice work!

How well did the rest of the class do?

Dave

# 5 19-09-2004 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the comments guys : ) the rest of the class did stuff like build sculptures..or just 3d collages. it was interesting..mine was not the standard at all...i went a little crazy with it i guess

# 6 19-09-2004 , 09:10 PM
Subscriber
where can i see this animation

# 7 19-09-2004 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber
its the link on the very bottom of my first post

# 8 19-09-2004 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber
wow thats real nice man i like that