Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 15-08-2003 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber
Well, I couldn't figure out where exactly I was supposed to go ot change my bios and whatnot, so I just manually deleted everything I could from my C drive. I reinstalled Windows once again, all my drivers again, and some applications. I figure that manually deleting the files is good enough since the only files lefts are Windows files that will be overwriten any once I install Windows again. So, my PC is up and running at full power as it once did and all systems are go.

It runs a lot faster now and I am very happy with the results.

I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside whenever I know my HD is all clean. user added image

One minor problem I have run into is that Paint will not save as or open jpeg files. The only two applications that will even read the format are Internet Explorer and another primitive imaging program. I can't right-click images on the internet and save as jpegs either. Is there any way to change this? Another format I've been wanting to be able to save in for a long time dat. Can that be done?

Last edited by Darkware; 15-08-2003 at 08:03 PM.
# 17 15-08-2003 , 08:05 PM
Subscriber
By the way, thanks for all the help so far you guys. I've searched on the internet for answers to my questions and posted threads on different tech boards, but in all truthfullness I get better, faster answers here on SimplyMaya. THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!!

# 18 15-08-2003 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber
Hi Darkware,

you will need e.g. a program with jpeg support or a jpeg plugin... to get jgep suppoert... if you don't have a program there are some one's availible out there for free e.g. the Gimp...

or one of the other free applications here "Graphics-Editors"...
https://www.webattack.com/freeware/gm...phicedit.shtml
or here "Image Viewers"... -->
https://www.webattack.com/freeware/gmm/fwviewers.shtml

the problem with reinstalling windows over windows, is that your installed programs are registred in the first regresting base (sorry for not spelling right, my brain is quite fried)... and when installing windows again, you create a new registy thingie, so you would basicly need to reinstall the programs again to... it quite sucks... user added image

if you ever need to make a clean reinstall again, then as I recall, there should be a possiblilty to format the harddisk with the installation CD while doing the installation procedure... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 19 16-08-2003 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber
Well, I have two jpeg format files in my system files that should allow me to save as jpegs through Paint. If it's in my system files, seems like it should work for all applications. Works for IE and another image program, but not on Microsoft Paint.

I just downloaded QT6.3 since I need it for movies and whatnot. It supports jpeg format and I told it during setup to associate itself qith jpegs or whatever. Paint still however, is unable to open or save images as jpegs.

# 20 16-08-2003 , 07:20 PM
SM Tea Boy
If that's MS paint it only supports BMP and RLE formats i don't think its ever supported jpeg although i may be wrong.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 21 16-08-2003 , 07:43 PM
Subscriber
No, Microsoft Paint most deffinetely supported jpeg format on my computer before I reinstalled windows. I use Paint just as much as I use Photoshop, Maya, and the Internet believe it or not.