Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 23-01-2004 , 01:11 PM
Nice work.

...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I.

https://sky.prohosting.com/spyd01/
# 32 23-01-2004 , 02:49 PM
Yeah, I could definitely see more reflections. Also, just a thought: you could create a small narrow table that wraps to the shape of the stairs, about 5' long and 8" deep, and maybe 3.5' high. and then place the two clay vases on it, (you will be able to shrink the urn to its normal proportion this way. with maybe a cool runner, thus framing them visually, taking the busyness form the floor, and emphasizing them for the client - just a thought user added image Don't mean to offend, just inspired and commenting user added image

Lungs not guns....
# 33 23-01-2004 , 03:26 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by strobe7
Yeah, I could definitely see more reflections. Also, just a thought: you could create a small narrow table that wraps to the shape of the stairs,

I did think about something similar but we want to emphasize more the space design (rather than the furniture)

nir

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 34 23-01-2004 , 04:42 PM
oh ok, is this a complete concept piece? Do you have freedom to integrate what you fell necessary?

Lungs not guns....
# 35 23-01-2004 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
basically yes - although my boss is the last ruler .

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com
# 36 23-01-2004 , 08:13 PM
Maybe you could create a couple of cubbyholes where the paintings are, about 8" deep in the wall, and large enough for the picture and place one painting in one, and the vases in the other. Would add space, and focus. I am a geek, and just enjoying your layout, cool?

Lungs not guns....
# 37 23-01-2004 , 10:58 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by strobe7
.....couple of cubbyholes .... I am a geek, and just enjoying your layout, cool?

BTW I halted the client version and any mods I do now are on "myownversionfile" - I substituted some materials (see attached image)

1. What are cubbyholes - niches ?
2. We all are geeks...
3. Thanks

nir

Attached Thumbnails

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com
# 38 24-01-2004 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
Looking good Nir.
ok I found out about dirt maps for you. There not necessarily to make your seen look dirty or old. The dirt map shader is also used to fake occlusion. FG produces a occlusion affect. But with GI or allot of lights like in a seen you have hear. The occlusion is obscured some what leading to not very well defined lines along edges. It also allows you to lower the FG setting father because it takes care of the corners more. Instead of turning it up to get the grain or artifacts out of the corners.

# 39 24-01-2004 , 12:14 PM
Subscriber
thanks PonyGirl

I will look into it - in the meanwhile I post the same scene with some plates added on the table and rendered in MR 3.5 hours this time)

nir

Attached Thumbnails

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com
# 40 24-01-2004 , 12:58 PM
y did you render the entire scene just to get some plates on the table? lol user added image y not just comp them in? Anyways the scene is looking better (i can see some highlights now so I am happier although there still isnt enough of them user added image) I think you brick texture could do with being smaller it's jut too big at the moment.

Also the two large painting... what about just having one big one rather than two small ones? I think it might look better. Are they just planes? I would build the picture frames properly cause at the moment they just look flat

user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 41 24-01-2004 , 01:52 PM
i would create a sloping skylight where the pictures are bringing more light into the room and opening it up more, make them indented about 4"... And may i suggest in the back where the vases are on the shelv you turn that into shadow boxes instead, might look pretty nice.

# 42 24-01-2004 , 02:48 PM
I really love the floor. Yeah, niches where the paintings are, that is what I was referring to. It looks so much warmer. I agree about the stones on the wall, I personally feel they clash, and steals your killer 50's style lamp user added image The idea of texture, or a solid darker color for emphasis on that wall is cool. Would love to see what it would look like with the niches. I think this is looking great. Good job.

Lungs not guns....
# 43 26-01-2004 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
OK - Final one, Thanks for the comments.

nir

Attached Thumbnails

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com
# 44 26-01-2004 , 06:51 PM
who I love the textures but the flowers look unreal. awesome

Noo0ooB... beginner... novice... newby... I'am new ! ! !

VERY BAD ENGLISH !
# 45 26-01-2004 , 08:17 PM
Nice balance achieved.

Lungs not guns....