Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-07-2005 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber

Eyes and skeleton

Hi. I am currently in the process of animating my "cartoon self" that I have completed the modelling of.

For the eyes I use an eye-constraint to control the "look direction", and I can set that up just fine.

The problem comes when I try to animate the model using a skeleton rig - I can get the eyes to follow the rest of the head, but if I then move the locator that controls the eye constraint, the eyes move their position, which is wrong. If anyone knows how to combine the two - aim contraint and skeleton rigging - I would be most grateful.

Or if someone can tell me something else that I am doing wrong. I have tried various things, such as parenting the locator to the skeleton, grouping the eyes and constraining the group, but so far no luck.

I hope someone can help me user added image

a few images to illustrate what the problem is since I'm not sure I use the right words for everything (sorry for the size)

user added image

user added image

user added image

------------------------------------------------
Latest project:
Walk-Cycle
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
# 2 01-07-2005 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
select the eyes then the head joint then press "p" to parent them in the heirarchy

# 3 02-07-2005 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber
beautiful, thanks.

and for anyone else with this problem, the order you need to do is: (at least that worked for me)

1) Parent the eyes to the head joint
2) Aim constrain each eye to the locator
3) Parent the locator the the head joint

(may not be 100% correct but it worked so that the locator follows the head around).

Latest project:
Walk-Cycle
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting