Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-11-2005 , 01:10 AM

Jet Bike Concepts YOUR THOUGHTS?

Hiya
I am doing a design for a jet bike and I would really appreciate some feedback. Any feedback is good but don't hesitate to be hard as that is what I need. user added image
This is a jet bike and I really like the chrome traditional type exhausts that would be used to control the bikes direction. There is a big exhaust under the seat with heat shielding around it.

The first concept is adobe photoshop and the second is illustrator.

user added image

user added image

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 2 24-11-2005 , 01:16 AM
You really have proven yourself as an excellent artist! I especially like the red color to the jet bike. I have no problem with what you have so far, but I'd say that if you were going for a fast looking jet bike, your best design would be the bottom left one, seeing as how it seems more aerodynamic.
This is only my opinion, but all I can say is, you did an awesome job on all of them! :attn:

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 3 24-11-2005 , 05:13 AM
Subscriber
Looks good so far. Does it fly or just skim above the ground?

# 4 24-11-2005 , 07:56 AM
Subscriber
wow excellent drawings!
only cmment is yeah the windshield needs to be higher in order for it to work user added image

# 5 24-11-2005 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
Surfer, long time no see! user added image

The design looks really cool, and besides the windshield which you are aware of, I don't see anything I don't like user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 6 24-11-2005 , 08:57 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Kaaarl!!!

Dude man wassup!! Love the design, the whole color scheme is just right. Nice chrome ends!!

But you're gonna need a girl to ride this one my friend:bandit:

Best regards

Jay

# 7 25-11-2005 , 03:21 AM
Hey all and TA SO MUCH for the great feed back!

magicsy... Good point! Hmmmm I might have to look at modifying the windscreen altho I was kinda basing it off a normal Kawasaki Ninja motor bike.

Hey Shadeblade... Thanks for your input regarding the aerodynamics I might develop that a bit more altho i was after something a bit more butt ugly heh heh! It is a toss up between the concepts. I love your avatar dude!

BMS - I think it would hover more than fly as it does not have much stablising features.

ok , I am freakin nervous now that blomkaal and Jay have popped by ha ha! Hey Blomkaal... coming up to the silly season. Have ya had any crazy booze binges lately?? Cheers for your comments brotha.

JAAAAAAAAYYYY! Ah man you have found my weakness! I am useless at making peeps and that is why I grabbed that texture map off ya. I tell ya what... I will make the chicky if ya promise not to laugh. Ha ha!

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 8 25-11-2005 , 10:11 AM
Subscriber
Haven't done anything really crazy, at least not that I can remember, though my memory has got some blank spots here and there user added image But don't worry, christmas always brings lots of excuses to get wasted, and the fact that my birthday is January 1st is an even better excuse to go crazy on new years eve! user added image

Of course it's the Ninja! user added image I think the problem with the windscreen though is that it needs to go up a bit further, kinda like in the bottom left concept, or else it probably won't do much good. I like the red color too, but I think you should have a go with Ninja green as well user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"